Pages

09 July 2011

No Trout.

On Friday afternoon I headed south and started fishing the South Sandy Creek where I was only catching little panfish, perch, and a couple of smallmouth bass.  It was a wildlife day though.  A group of whitetail moving toward the water through the brush and grapevine stumbled upon a startled fisherman, and I'd say we were all pretty spooked.  Then a beaver smacked his tail at me as to imply this was his pond and I wasn't welcomed, so I moved on but only cause the fish were scarce.  And, I ran into a red fox.  A beautiful little creature.  The fishing wasn't to my licking so I jumped into the truck and headed further south and drove through Pulaski and hit up the headwaters of the Salmon River on a fly fishing only catch and release area.  I got there around 8pm so I didnt have much time but I fished till about 9:20 and had no luck with trout but caught quite a few of these nice panfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment